Course Fees and Other Costs
We provide a high quality, hands-on acupuncture training at a cost that is lower than many of the universities and if you do not already have a degree you will be able to access a student loan for our BSc weekend and weekday courses.
Course fees general information
- Your fees include all the teaching and learning opportunities provided by our teaching staff, all your clinical experience in our teaching clinic, tutorials, library and support services, access to our online e-learning facility, and your registration fees with Middlesex University.
- Both the weekend and the weekday courses have the same amount of attendance hours and our courses are designed to ensure that you will still be able to combine work, family and other commitments, whilst you study.
- You can choose to pay your course fees in a lump sum or in nine instalments over the year by direct debit.
- If you have been awarded a tuition fee loan, Student Finance will pay £6,165 of your fees directly to us and the remainder of the fee can be paid in instalments by direct debit.
- The enrolment fee is paid on acceptance of a place, is non-refundable, and is not paid by Student Finance.
Other costs to factor in
- Travelling - At the start of the course full time BSc and MSc students will be given a rail-card form that will enable you to access a student railcard and benefit from reduced rail fares.
- Staying over - If you need to stay overnight, there is a variety of reasonably priced accommodation close to the College. The majority of our students stay with local families who offer bed and “help-yourself” breakfast accommodation at around £25 per night. There are also several local guest houses offering reasonably priced rooms. You will find a list of local accommodation providers on our website.
- Books - At the beginning of the course you are expected to buy essential text books which cost about £250. These can be ordered in advance and collected on your first day. Please note that these do not need to be bought all at once and our librarian Cath will be able to advise you on which books you will need, and when, in order to spread the costs. After this any further books you buy will be of your choosing.
- Clinical Jacket - You will need to buy a white clinical jacket to wear on your days in clinic, at a cost of around £25.
Postgraduate loans for the MSc in Acupuncture
We regret that postgraduate student loans are not available for this course. The MSc in Acupuncture is a four year course, and loans are not available for courses of this length.
Disabled Students Allowance
If you have a disability, including a mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia or dyspraxia, you might be able to get Disabled Students’ Allowances.