The Nutrition Access Course 2017
The Nutrition Access Course is the short preparatory course for our MSc in Nutrition Science and Practice. All our students come to us with different backgrounds and skill sets, and before you are accepted as a student on the MSc in Nutrition Science and Practice you will be expected to have a basic knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry, biology and clinical skills.
Our Nutrition Access Course has been specifically developed by our teaching team to bridge any gaps you may have in your knowledge and experience in order to prepare everyone to a basic level. We assess everyone at interview and agree with you what parts of the Access Course you will need to complete before starting the MSc. The majority of our students take the whole course
NB: Our Nutrition Access Course is not a stand-alone qualification and can only be taken by students who are starting our MSc course.
There are three components:
1. The e-learning: This covers the basics in biochemistry, pharmacology, anatomy and physiology, and principles of basic nutrition. Students can start this e-learning from March 2017. It is supported by link tutors and by access to the course forum which gives you contact with other students on the course.
2. Work book: This covers the basics in anatomy and physiology.
3. College attended taught component: This comprises of two taught weekends at the College in early August and early September and covers the following:
- An consolidation day anatomy and physiology work book
- A consolidation day for the biochemistry e-learning
- Two taught days introducing the clinical skills that we use in our teaching clinic such as neuro-linguistic programming, and motivational interviewing skills.
Dates in 2017
March – Access to the biochemistry e-learning and A & P workbook
Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th August
Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd September
You only pay for the parts of the course you need to complete and your fees include all the teaching and learning opportunities provided by our teaching staff and access to our online e-learning facility and are payable in advance of the start of the course.
Fee for the whole Nutrition Access Course - £695
For students who only need to attend some of the modules the fees are:
Access anatomy and physiology - £120
Access biochemistry and pharmacology and information skills - £260
Basic nutritional therapy clinical skills - £240
Principles of basic nutrition - £75